- By popular demand the Gravity v2.0 now features a TRS split function to use with pedal looper systems like the GigRig etc. The TRS split is enabled via three internal dip switches.
- To make room for the dip switches for the TRS split functionality, we have at the same time reduced the number of switching options for tweaking of the TS side (side A) compared to the v1. Side A now features a stock and an alternate setting for each of the three parameters: clipping, clarity and brightness.
- The enclosures are now finished in a fine texture powder coat.
We have recreated the circuits in each pedal staying true to the original, but added switching options for additional tone shaping. We have kept both buffers that were used in the original designs in order to replicate the exact interaction between the two circuits. The Gravity overdrive is divided into a side A (left) and a side B (right), separated by the order toggle switch in the middle which is used to flip the internal order of the effects and hence the signal path from guitar to amp.
Side A features the TS10 circuit with external knobs for DRIVE, TONE, LEVEL and a three position toggle switch labeled LOWS. The lows switch changes the bass response of the circuit. Internally you find three dip switches (clipping, clarity and brightness) that further enables you to tweak your tone.
The side B features the K-circuit with external knobs for GAIN, TREBLE, OUTPUT and a two position toggle switch labeled CLIPPING. The clipping switch toggles between a pair of germanium or schottky clipping diodes.
Both sides can be used separately or stacked.
TRS split: Besides using the two sides of Gravity in serial mode, either A->B or A<-B, the Gravity V2 can split side A & B into separate effects. The two 1/4" jacks, which in serial mode are used for signal in and out, will in split mode serve as IN+OUT for each side.
That is done via a - TRS to 2 x TS - 1/4 " jack cable.
The right side "IN" jack is IN+OUT for side B. (TIP = in, RING = out)
The left side "OUT" jack is IN+OUT for side A. (TIP = out, RING = in)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EXTERNAL ORDER TOGGLE SWITCH MUST BE IN UP POSITION A <- B
Side A (left)
- Replica of the TS10 audio circuit including the three transistor buffer circuit.
- RC4558 Operationional Amplifier
The Gravity requires a regulated 9-volt DC power supply with standard 2.1mm jack tip negative polarity.
The max power consumption of the Gravity is 100mA (+9VDC). If operated with a power supply with insufficient current
capabilities, it will affect the performance. So make sure your +9V-DC power supply is capable of delivering 100mA.
We recommend you to use a quality power supply with isolated outputs. The Gravity does not support battery operation.